Things to Eat + Places to Go!
Delicious and FUN recommendations from local Austin Yogis
Kick-Off Dinner, Friday April 15th after yoga class with Charles Staples
Join us at Whislers on E. 6th Street after Yoga Nidra with Charles Staples. We will all be getting together and spreading the yoga love at this sweet outdoor bar. Enjoy craft cocktails and the best Thai Food Trailer in town. No waiters. No wait. Easy menu. Good drinks. Big picnic tables. This will be a fun time for everyone!
Places to eat near the studio:
- In.gredients- Organic co-op with Gluten free beer, kombucha, and outdoor picnic area
- Komè – Super good sushi
- El Chilito – Vegetarian friendly tacos with local ingredients
- Julio’s – Traditional Mexican chicken taco plates, best in town!
- House Pizza – Homemade style pizza with options of Gluten free crust
- HEB for groceries – Grocery store for your essential needs
- El Sapo – Burger joint with outdoor picnic area
- Hoover’s – Soul food cooked with love
Places to eat on the East Side :
- Juiceland(MLK/Chicon) – Breakfast/lunch/dinner smoothies and juices, great for a nice pick-me-up & on-the-go snacks
- Austin Daily Press – Sandwiches, tacos, and salads with great flavor
- Hillside Farmacy – A brunch vibe to start the afternoon off right
- Casa Columbia – Authentic Columbian food, the plantains are amazing!
- Counter Cafe – Great brunch all-day spot from breakfast hash to a traditional breakfast plate
- Kebabalicious – Street style Indian kebab’s
- Justine’s – French cuisine with outdoor patio seating, warm and welcoming
- Nasha – Traditional Indian cuisine, great curry and naan
Places to eat Downtown:
- Daruma – Street ramen with chicken based broth and vegetarian
- Whole Foods (6th & Lamar) – For your organic grocery pleasures and everything in between
- 24 Diner – Breakfast diner open 24 hours
- Koriente – Asian cuisine
- Casa de Luz – Macrobiotic vegan restaruant, wonderful food and atomsphere
- Gus’ Fried Chicken – Good’ol fried chicken and collard greens
Super Fun Activities to try :
- Austin Bouldering Project – Awesome indoor bouldering gym with shoe rentals available
- Pitch n’ Putt – 9 hole par 3 course where all you need is a wedge and a putter
- Rent-a-Bike around Town Lake – Rent out a bike and ride around downtown and Townlake and see Austin’s scenery
- Flying Trapeze – Learn the art of flying trapeze and circus arts with no experience required
- Barton Springs pool – Natural spring fed pool, feels like the Fountain of Youth when you jump in!
- Tour the Texas State Capital – Learn about Texas history and indulge in the great, green grass lawn
- Hiking trails on the Greenbelt – Nature walks and swimming holes to take you out of the city and back into nature
- Graffiti Park at Castle Hill – Check out the creative and unique styles along the walls of Graffiti Park
- South Congress Tour – Walk along South Congress and window shop, listen to street music, and enjoy awesome food trucks